Skip to Content

Family Dog Dies After a Trip To the Parlour

Share this post on:


This dog’s trip to the parlour ended in the worst way possible: 2-year-old Fendi died due to a heat stroke.

A beloved family dog named Fendi, a French bulldog, lost her life due to a suspected heatstroke following a grooming session with a mobile grooming service. Ines Jorge, the heartbroken owner, recounts the horrifying experience, raising concerns about the safety protocols followed by pet grooming services

dog dies after parlour
©WPLG Local 10 – YouTube

Dangers of Heat Stroke in Dogs

Heatstroke is a severe and potentially fatal condition for dogs. It occurs when a dog’s body temperature rises significantly above the normal range of 101 to 102.5°F. In Fendi’s case, her temperature soared to a dangerous 108 degrees. Dogs are unable to regulate their body temperature as efficiently as humans, making them vulnerable to overheating.

Immediate Measures to Take

If you suspect your dog is suffering from heatstroke, it’s crucial to act quickly. Move the dog to a cooler environment immediately. Apply cool, not cold, water to reduce the dog’s body temperature. Offer the dog cool water to drink but do not force it. It’s essential to get the dog to a vet as soon as possible for a thorough check-up and necessary treatments.

Signs That Your Dog Is Having a Heat Stroke

  • Excessive Panting: The dog pants rapidly and intensely as it tries to cool down.
  • Increased Heart Rate: The heart beats faster to try to cool the body.
  • Drooling: Excessive drooling, often thick and sticky, can be a sign of heatstroke.
  • Reddened Gums: The gums and tongue may turn bright red due to increased blood flow.
  • Confusion or Dizziness: The dog may appear disoriented or have trouble walking.
  • Increased Body Temperature: A body temperature above 104°F (40°C) is dangerous and can be measured with a rectal thermometer.
  • Seizures: In severe cases, the elevated body temperature can lead to seizures.
  • Glassy Eyes: The dog’s eyes may appear glassy or glazed over.

Dog Dies After a Trip to the Parlour: The Tragic Incident

YouTube video

Ines Jorge entrusted the grooming of Fendi to Love Dog Grooming, a mobile service they had been using for over a year. However, on September 13 2023, something went terribly wrong. After spending more than an hour in the grooming van, Fendi was returned to Jorge in a state of distress, panting and unresponsive. Despite immediate efforts to cool her down and urgent veterinary care, Fendi’s life could not be saved.

The Groomer’s Response

The owner of Love Dog Grooming denied responsibility for Fendi’s tragic death. She claimed to have provided water to the distressed dog and suggested that Fendi had an underlying health issue. However, Jorge disputes this claim, emphasizing the lack of accountability and empathy from the groomer.

Raising Awareness

This tragic incident underscores the need for increased awareness among pet owners and grooming services about the dangers of heatstroke. Proper education and preventive measures can significantly reduce the risk of such tragic incidents. Pet owners should be vigilant about their pets’ health and well-being, especially during hot weather.

A Call for Change

Fendi’s untimely death serves as a stark reminder of the need for stricter regulations and safety protocols for pet grooming services. Ensuring that pets are handled with care, and groomers are equipped with the knowledge and resources to prevent and address emergencies, is paramount to avoid such tragedies in the future.

Dog Dies After a Trip to the Parlour: Conclusion

french bulldog

The loss of Fendi is a devastating blow to her family and a wake-up call to pet owners and service providers alike. As we mourn the loss of a beloved pet, let us also commit to raising awareness, enhancing safety protocols, and ensuring that no other family has to endure such a heartbreaking loss. The bond between pets and their owners is sacred, and every measure should be taken to safeguard these innocent lives.

Thank you for reading this story about the dog called Fendi, who died after a trip to the parlour! Take a look at some more doggo content of ours:

Share this post on: