Enjoy this moment of pure joy where Maruay the tiger floats with his ball!
When looking at this video it is hard to believe that all Maruay the tiger knew was a concrete floor and a small cage a mere 18 months ago. Now he is blissfully floating around on a big red ball at the Tiger Rescue Centre at Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand (WFFT). Where they describe Maruay as a playful youngster always on the explore. With a soft spot for coconuts – not to eat of course, but to play with! But his coconut days are now over – as he received a big red ball to play with!
Maruay, a male Bengal tiger, was rescued along with 10 other tigers from the inhumane wildlife tourism trade in Phuket, Thailand. These tigers were exploited for profit and human enjoyment in captivity – being forced to pose for photos and partake in animal shows. Having suffered years of abuse, both physical and emotional, these tigers are now safe at the WFFT Tiger Rescue Center.
Taste of Freedom
Although these tigers would not be able to be released into the wild after years of captivity, they now reside on 17 acres of near-natural habitat. In their new home, they can run freely, scratch, and claw at trees. And of course, partake in Marauy’s favorite activity – swimming in a massive lake.
The Wild Friends Foundation Thailand is an NGO founded in 2001 that makes a nationwide effort to save domesticated and captive wild animals. They have many animal rescue and rehabilitation projects like the Tiger Rescue Center where Maruay and his friends stay. Among their long list of goals, is to change the habits of international tourists in Thailand. Especially those who unknowingly support the illegal trade and exploitation of Thailand’s wildlife.
Some Tips on How to Enjoy Thailand’s Wildlife Kindly
- Don’t take photos with animals and wildlife used as props, visit animal shows, elephant camps, tiger temples and petting zoos.
- Only visit animal rescue or rehabilitation centers (do your research!).
- Don’t purchase animal souvenirs such as tiger or snake wine, bush meat, ivory and other animal products. No buying means less killing.
- Spread the news!
This adorable video of Marauy the Tiger experiencing pure joy floating on his ball is a wonderful example of what kindness to wildlife does. Let all of us remember to be kind to animals, and not support trades that cause them harm.
If you enjoyed reading this article on the Rescue Tiger Maruay Floating with His Ball, you might enjoy these too:
- Tiger Chained Up Her Whole Life Takes Her First Free Steps
- The AMES Foundation and Their Fight Against Rhino Poaching
- Meet the Man Who Survived a Tiger Attack, Helicopter Crash, and Malaria 14 Times – John Varty
- 30 Fashionable Animals in the US - February 23, 2024
- 15 Fascinating & Weird Animals in the Amazon Rainforest - February 19, 2024
- Meet the Man Who Survived a Tiger Attack, Helicopter Crash, and Malaria 14 Times – John Varty - February 12, 2024